Advanced Diploma of Information Technology (Cyber Security)
With increase in computerisation, there has been corresponding growth in the threat’s IT systems face. From malware, phishing, hacking to serious espionage and cyberattacks, the dangers to information systems is ever present and increasing.
Our immense dependency on computers and IT services means any disruption to these systems has dire consequences.
The need for protection against cybercrime is growing. This course allows you to develop specialised advanced skills in applying cyber security strategies within an existing or new organisation.
Gain skills that can be used anywhere
Learn in a style that suits you
Get the qualifications that employers want
This course is designed to be completed within 1,25 years.
This Course can be completed on Campus in Sydney and the Gold Coast or Online.
- Research and apply concepts of cyber security
- Leading and managing team effectiveness
- Promotion of workplace cybersecurity awareness and best practices
- Interacting with clients on a business level
- Management of Intellectual Property (IP), ethics and privacy in ICT environments
- Monitoring business activities in an ICT environment
- Evaluating organisations compliance
- Performing cyber security risk assessments
- Designing and implementing cyber security infrastructures
- BSBXCS402 Promote workplace cyber security awareness and best practices
- ICTICT517 Match ICT needs with the strategic direction of the organisation
- ICTICT532 Apply IP, ethics and privacy policies in ICT environments
- ICTSAS527 Manage client problems
- BSBPMG532 Manage project quality
- BSBPMG536 Manage project risk
- ICTICT523 Gather data to identify business requirements
- BSBCRT611 Apply critical thinking for complex problem solving
- ICTICT618 Manage IP, ethics and privacy in ICT environments
- ICTICT608 Interact with clients on a business level
- BSBTWK502 Manage team effectiveness
- ICTSAD609 Plan and monitor business analysis activities in an ICT environment
- ICTCYS604 Implement best practices for identity management
- ICTCYS606 Evaluate an organisation’s compliance with relevant cyber security standards and law
- ICTCYS608 Perform cyber security risk assessments
- ICTCYS612 Design and implement virtualised cyber security infrastructure for organisations
Career Opportunities for graduates include:
- IT Support Services
- Quality Auditing
- Business Administration
- IT Officer Manager
- Security Analyst
- Incident Responder
- Virus Technician
- ICT Security
- Database/Systems Administrator
- Chief Information Security Officer
- Public Administration and Safety
- Financial and Insurance Services
To ensure that you have every opportunity to succeed in your studies, we need to make sure that your knowledge and skills are right for your chosen qualification. So when you apply for our courses, we will ask for evidence that shows you meet the following requirements:
- Age: 18 years or above
- Education: Completion of at least 11 years of formal schooling
- English: An upper-intermediate level of English or higher
- Equipment: Laptop computer and access to internet connection to study in class and/or online.
- Course-Specific Entry Requirement: N/A
Students studying fully online: To meet the above requirements please provide a passport or other valid identify documentation when applying to study with Pacific Training Group. You will also be required to undertake an LLN questionnaire after we have received your application. Once enrolment is confirmed, you will need to use your laptop and internet to undertake your course.
Students studying on a student visa: To meet the above requirements please provide a passport, certificate of your highest level of study, and any English test that you have undertaken when applying to study with us. If you are unsure of what you need to provide please click the link below or contact us; we will also contact you if further information is required. Once enrolment is confirmed, you will need to use your laptop and internet to undertake your course.
Click here for more details on meeting PTG’s entry requirements.
English Language Pathway
If you don’t yet meet our English Entry requirements, we can help get you there. We’ve partnered with Sunshine Coast International College (SCIC) to offer non-English speaking students the chance to work on their English language skills either on-campus in Australia or online from anywhere in the world before progressing through to any of our vocational online or blended courses. You can learn more about our English Pathways Program
Price and Payment Options
|Full Course Fee||$3000|
|Monthly (15 payments)||$200|
|Weekly (60 payments)||$50|
|Full Course Fee||$5800|
|Per Term (5 payments)||$1200|
|Monthly (15 payments)||$400|
|Full Course Fee||$5000|
|Per Term (5 payments)||$1000|
|Monthly (15 payments)||$333|
- Enrolment fee: $200 AUD paid at time of enrolment (Campus), $50 AUD (Online)
- Material fee: $100 AUD paid at time of commencement (Campus)
- No material fee for online courses
- Discounts are available for upfront payments
Upon completion of this qualification students may undertake any Bachelors course related to Information Systems.
Explore our other nationally recognised courses here:
What our students say
“Approachable staff and trainers, excellent location, and world-class curriculum!”
Event Management Student
“Pacific Training Group is just fantastic as I love networking and this gives me the opportunity to meet important people in the industry which is definitely one of the most important things in our current job market.”
Hospitality Management Student
"I was attending Zoom seminar session on Tuesday with Leanne Wiseman which was brilliantly done."
Hospitality Management Student
"The Leadership and Management course subjects have taught me valuable skills and techniques that I have already implemented in my workplace, so I know the knowledge is very useful. "
Leadership and Management Student