Certificate III in Events
Get started by developing the administrative and operational skills required to carry out core event-related work activities.
Gain skills that can be used anywhere
Learn in a style that suits you
Get the qualifications that employers want
This course is designed to be completed within 1 year.
This course is delivered in a blended mode consisting of Online and on Campus study in Sydney or the Gold Coast.
This course is also available to be completed 100% online.
- Client and customer service
- Workplace effectiveness
- Work health and safety
- Communication and teamwork
- Event registrations
- SITXWHS001 Participate in safe work practices
- SITXHRM001 Coach others in job skills
- SITXWHS002 Identify hazards, assess and control safety risks
- SITEEVT003 Coordinate onsite event registrations
- SITEEVT001 Source and use information on the event industry
- SITEEVT002 Process and monitor event registrations
- SITTTSL006 Prepare quotations
- SITTTSL007 Process reservations
- SITXCCS006 Provide service to customers
- BSBWOR203 Work effectively with others
- SITEEVT004 Provide event staging support
- SITXCOM002 Show social and cultural sensitivity
- SITTTSL008 Book supplier products and services
Career Opportunities for graduates include:
- Conference Coordinator
- Event or Exhibition Coordinator
- Event or Exhibition Planner
- Event Sales Coordinator
- Function Coordinator
- In-House Meetings Coordinator
- Meetings Coordinator
- Staging Coordinator
- Venue Coordinator
To ensure that you have every opportunity to succeed in your studies, we need to make sure that your knowledge and skills are right for your chosen qualification. So when you apply for our courses, we will ask for evidence that shows you meet the following requirements:
- Age: 18 years or above
- Education: Completion of at least 11 years of formal schooling
- English: An upper-intermediate level of English or higher
- Equipment: Laptop computer and access to internet connection to study in class and/or online.
- Course-Specific Entry Requirement: N/A
Students studying fully online: To meet the above requirements please provide a passport or other valid identify documentation when applying to study with Pacific Training Group. You will also be required to undertake an LLN questionnaire after we have received your application. Once enrolment is confirmed, you will need to use your laptop and internet to undertake your course.
Students studying on a student visa: To meet the above requirements please provide a passport, certificate of your highest level of study, and any English test that you have undertaken when applying to study with us. If you are unsure of what you need to provide please click the link below or contact us; we will also contact you if further information is required. Once enrolment is confirmed, you will need to use your laptop and internet to undertake your course.
Click here for more details on meeting PTG’s entry requirements.
English Language Pathway
If you don’t yet meet our English Entry requirements, we can help get you there. We’ve partnered with Sunshine Coast International College (SCIC) to offer non-English speaking students the chance to work on their English language skills either on-campus in Australia or online from anywhere in the world before progressing through to any of our vocational online or blended courses. You can learn more about our English Pathways Program
Price and Payment Options
|Full Course Fee||$2400|
|Monthly (12 payments)||$200|
|Fortnightly (24 payments)||$100|
|Weekly (48 payments)||$50|
|Full Course Fee||$3400|
|Per Term (3 payments)||$1200|
|Monthly (9 payments)||$400|
|Full Course Fee||$3000|
|Per Term (3 payments)||$1000|
|Monthly (9 payments)||$333|
- Enrolment fee: $200 AUD paid at time of enrolment (Campus), $50 AUD (Online)
- Material fee: $100 AUD paid at time of commencement (Campus)
- No material fee for online courses
- Discounts are available for upfront payments
Students completing the SIT30516 Certificate in Event Management with Pacific Training Group are eligible for the following credit transfers into the SIT50316 Diploma of Event Management:
- SITEEVT001 Source and use information on the event industry (3 weeks)
- SITXCCS006 Provide service to customers (2 weeks)
- SITXWHS001 Participate in safe work practices (5 weeks)
- SITXWHS002 Identify hazards, assess and control safety risks (5 weeks)
This will reduce the duration of the course SIT50316 Diploma of Event Management from 6 terms to 4.5 terms (15 weeks less).
Explore our other nationally recognised courses here:
What our students say
“Approachable staff and trainers, excellent location, and world-class curriculum!”
Event Management Student
“Pacific Training Group is just fantastic as I love networking and this gives me the opportunity to meet important people in the industry which is definitely one of the most important things in our current job market.”
Hospitality Management Student
"I was attending Zoom seminar session on Tuesday with Leanne Wiseman which was brilliantly done."
Hospitality Management Student
"The Leadership and Management course subjects have taught me valuable skills and techniques that I have already implemented in my workplace, so I know the knowledge is very useful. "
Leadership and Management Student