Diploma of Hospitality Management
With no pre-requisites, this is the step up to succeed at senior operations level. Get ready for a career where you will operate independently within organisations, take responsibility for others and make operational business decisions.
Gain skills that can be used anywhere
Learn in a style that suits you
Get the qualifications that employers want
This course is designed to be completed within 1 year 9 months.
This Course can be completed on Campus in Sydney and the Gold Coast.
Alternatively you can complete this course through our Online flexible study pathways. There are two options to choose from:
Option 1: Complete your theory online and finish your course in Australia through our Work Placement Program that prepares you for career success!
Option 2: Choose to initially study online, continue your studies in Sydney or the Gold Coast campus in the succeeding terms, and obtain your diploma in Australia.
- Communication and teamwork
- Client and customer service
- Management and leadership
- Information technology
- Communication technology
- Governance and legal compliance
- BSBWOR203 Work effectively with others
- BSBITU212 Create and use spreadsheets
- BSBITU311 Use simple relational databases
- SITXCOM002 Show social and cultural sensitivity
- SITXHRM001 Coach others at job skills
- SITHIND002 Source and use information on the hospitality industry
- SITHIND004 Work effectively in hospitality service
- SITXCCS006 Provide service to customers
- SITXWHS001 Participate in safe work practices
- CPPCLO2019A Sort and remove waste and recyclable materials
- SIRXPDK001 Advise on products and services
- SITHIND001 Use hygienic practice for hospitality service
- SITXCCS002 Provide visitor information
- SITXCOM001 Source and present information
- SITXWHS002 Identify hazards. assess and control safety risks
Career Opportunities for graduates include:
- Restaurant manager/supervisor
- Bar manager/supervisor
- Catering manager
- Food and beverage manager
- Hotel Manager
- Accommodation manager
- Conference centre manager
- Event manager
- Public house manager
- Air cabin crew
- Customer service manager
- Human resources officer
- Tourism officer
To ensure that you have every opportunity to succeed in your studies, we need to make sure that your knowledge and skills are right for your chosen qualification. So when you apply for our courses, we will ask for evidence that shows you meet the following requirements:
- Age: 18 years or above
- Education: Completion of at least 11 years of formal schooling
- English: An upper-intermediate level of English or higher
- Equipment: Laptop computer and access to internet connection to study in class and/or online.
- Course-Specific Entry Requirement: N/A
Students studying fully online: To meet the above requirements please provide a passport or other valid identify documentation when applying to study with Pacific Training Group. You will also be required to undertake an LLN questionnaire after we have received your application. Once enrolment is confirmed, you will need to use your laptop and internet to undertake your course.
Students studying on a student visa: To meet the above requirements please provide a passport, certificate of your highest level of study, and any English test that you have undertaken when applying to study with us. If you are unsure of what you need to provide please click the link below or contact us; we will also contact you if further information is required. Once enrolment is confirmed, you will need to use your laptop and internet to undertake your course.
Click here for more details on meeting PTG’s entry requirements.
English Language Pathway
If you don’t yet meet our English Entry requirements, we can help get you there. We’ve partnered with Sunshine Coast International College (SCIC) to offer non-English speaking students the chance to work on their English language skills either on-campus in Australia or online from anywhere in the world before progressing through to any of our vocational online or blended courses. You can learn more about our English Pathways Program
Price and Payment Options
|Full Course Fee||$4200|
|Monthly (21 payments)||$200|
|Fortnightly (42 payments)||$100|
|Weekly (84 payments)||$50|
|Full Course Fee||$9400|
|Per Term (8 payments)||$1200|
|Monthly (21 payments)||$400|
|Full Course Fee||$8000|
|Per Term (8 payments)||$1000|
|Monthly (21 payments)||$333|
- Enrolment fee: $200 AUD paid at time of enrolment (Campus), $50 AUD (Online)
- Material fee: $100 AUD paid at time of commencement (Campus)
- No material fee for online courses
- Discounts are available for upfront payments
Successfully complete SIT50416 Diploma in Hospitality Management and enjoy guaranteed entry and credit transfer towards our SIT60316 Advanced Diploma of Hospitality Management, reducing the duration of the Advanced Diploma qualification from 9 Terms (2 year 3 months) to 2 Terms (6 months).
Explore our other nationally recognised courses here:
What our students say
“Approachable staff and trainers, excellent location, and world-class curriculum!”
Event Management Student
“Pacific Training Group is just fantastic as I love networking and this gives me the opportunity to meet important people in the industry which is definitely one of the most important things in our current job market.”
Hospitality Management Student
"I was attending Zoom seminar session on Tuesday with Leanne Wiseman which was brilliantly done."
Hospitality Management Student
"The Leadership and Management course subjects have taught me valuable skills and techniques that I have already implemented in my workplace, so I know the knowledge is very useful. "
Leadership and Management Student