Diploma of Interior Design
Apply today to receive a scholarship worth 35% of your course fees!
Apply before 31 March 2023 to save.
On Campus (CRICOS) Courses enter the code CAMPUS35 when applying online.
Diploma of Interior Design
This qualification reflects the role of interior designers who provide advice mainly for residential building interiors. From planning individual spaces to selecting the most aesthetic materials for your clients.
If you have a talent for designing spaces that are both captivating and innovative, then this Diploma of Interior Design may be the perfect fit for you. It will help foster your creative ideas while also giving you valuable business skills to manage projects and establish yourself as an interior designer working with clients across the world.
Gain skills that can be used anywhere
Learn in a style that suits you
Get the qualifications that employers want
Individuals working as an interior designer or decorator are often self-employed or employed in businesses such as design studios.
The Diploma of Interior Design provides pathways for individuals to contribute to this growing industry sector that is in shortage of skills talent in many regions of Australia.
This course is designed to be completed within two 2 years.
This course is delivered in a blended mode consisting of Online and on Campus study in Sydney.
This course is also available to be completed through a combination of online theory and practical workplace activity.
- Researching a client’s goals and requirements
- Planning, arranging and styling a space
- Preparing detailed client presentations
- Colour schemes, furniture, fabrics, fixtures and lighting
- Working with builders, architects and service contractors
- Preparing detailed design documentation
- CUADES302 Explore and apply the creative design process to 2D forms
- CUADES303 Explore and apply the creative design process to 3D forms
- CUADES512 Establish, negotiate and refine a design brief
- MSFID4013 Design residential interior lighting
- MSFID4014 Produce digital models and documentation for interior design projects
- MSFID4016 Design colour schemes for interior and exterior spaces
- MSFID5020 Design residential interiors
- MSFID5021 Evaluate site structure and services for interior design briefs
- MSFID5022 Explore and apply creative design methodology to interior space
- MSFID5025 Develop residential interior design project documentation
- BSBCRT512 Originate and develop concepts
- BSBPMG430 Undertake project work
- CUAPPR513 Present a body of own creative work
- MSFGN4001 Research and meet ethical and compliance requirements
- MSFID5023 Design for all ages and abilities
- MSSO15022 Develop strategies for more sustainable use of resources
- MSFID5017 Develop event decoration proposals
- BSBCRT412 Articulate, present and debate ideas
- BSBCRT413 Collaborate in a creative process
- CUADES304 Source and apply design industry knowledge
- CUADES305 Source and apply information on the history and theory of design
- CUADES411 Generate design solutions
- CUADES413 Develop and extend design skills and practice
- BSBOPS402 Coordinate business operational plans
- CUADIG304 Create visual design components
- MSFID4015 Prepare materials and finishes boards for client presentation
- MSFID4019 Research interior decoration and design influence
This course aims to provide pathways for students to contribute to skill demands in various regions of Australia. Click here for more information on the skilled occupation list for Australia.
- Interior Decorator
- Colour Consultant
- Interior Designer
- Interior Stylist
- Soft Furnishing Consultant
This course will be delivered by qualified trainers with extensive and current experience in painting, decoration and training/assessment.
To ensure that you have every opportunity to succeed in your studies, we need to make sure that your knowledge and skills are right for your chosen qualification. So when you apply for our courses, we will ask for evidence that shows you meet the following requirements:
- Age: 18 years or above
- Education: Completion of at least 11 years of formal schooling
- English: An upper-intermediate level of English or higher
- Equipment: Laptop computer and access to internet connection to study in class and/or online.
- Course-Specific Entry Requirement: N/A
Students studying fully online: To meet the above requirements please provide a passport or other valid identify documentation when applying to study with Pacific Training Group. You will also be required to undertake an LLN questionnaire after we have received your application. Once enrolment is confirmed, you will need to use your laptop and internet to undertake your course.
Students studying on a student visa: To meet the above requirements please provide a passport, certificate of your highest level of study, and any English test that you have undertaken when applying to study with us. If you are unsure of what you need to provide please click the link below or contact us; we will also contact you if further information is required. Once enrolment is confirmed, you will need to use your laptop and internet to undertake your course.
Click here for more details on meeting PTG’s entry requirements.
English Language Pathway
If you don’t yet meet our English Entry requirements, we can help get you there. We’ve partnered with Sunshine Coast International College (SCIC) to offer non-English speaking students the chance to work on their English language skills either on-campus in Australia or online from anywhere in the world before progressing through to any of our vocational online or blended courses. You can learn more about our English Pathways Program
Price and Payment Options
|Full Course Fee||$25,600|
|Per Term (8 payments)||$3200|
|Monthly (24 payments)||$1280|
- Enrolment fee: $200 AUD paid at time of enrolment (On-Campus)
- Material fee: Material Fees $500 (On-Campus)
- Discounts are available for upfront payments
Students that successfully complete PTG’s MSF50218 Diploma of Interior Design are eligible for guaranteed entry and credit transfer towards the following courses:
ICT50220 Diploma of Information Technology (Cyber Security)
BSB60520 Advanced Diploma of Marketing and Communication – This would reduce the term from 6 terms to 5.5 terms.
10904NAT Diploma of Social Media Marketing – This would reduce the current term duration from 4 terms to 3.5 terms.
BSB50420 Diploma of Leadership and Management – This would reduce the term duration from 6 terms to 5.5 terms.
Students can also progress to equal or higher-level qualifications offered by PTG which include:
- BSB50820 Diploma of Project Management
- 10904NAT Diploma of Social Media Marketing
- ICT60220 Advanced Diploma of Information Technology (Cyber Security)
- BSB60420 Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management
- BSB60720 Advanced Diploma of Program Management
- BSB60520 Advanced Diploma of Marketing and Communication
- SIT60216 Advanced Diploma of Event Management
- SIT60316 Advanced Diploma of Hospitality Management
Explore our other nationally recognised courses here:
What our students say
“Approachable staff and trainers, excellent location, and world-class curriculum!”
Event Management Student
“Pacific Training Group is just fantastic as I love networking and this gives me the opportunity to meet important people in the industry which is definitely one of the most important things in our current job market.”
Hospitality Management Student
"I was attending Zoom seminar session on Tuesday with Leanne Wiseman which was brilliantly done."
Hospitality Management Student
"The Leadership and Management course subjects have taught me valuable skills and techniques that I have already implemented in my workplace, so I know the knowledge is very useful. "
Leadership and Management Student